Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Imagine - John Lennon

A friend send me the video and image that follow earlier today. Though I've been hearing The Beatles and their songs for as long as I can remember, something really struck me today. I was born in 1975, so the entire movement of the 60's was well before anything I remember. I grew up in the 80s and 90s and I'm not sure if we've determined yet that those decades really stood for anything. Pardon me if I missed it.

Anyway, with all the spiritual work I've been doing and the significant progress that I've made with peace in my own life and hope for peace in everyone's lives, when I decided to click play and listen to this song with brand new ears, I got an entirely new perspective. A song that has played on the radio a million times, that I know by heart already, has really been embedded into my soul today.

If you have never really LISTENED to this song, please do so now. It's amazing how these things come to me at such a moment in time to create such profound realizations. I hope that I can bring a special moment to someone else by passing it on. Enjoy.





No comments: