Saturday, November 29, 2008

ALOL!

Ok, it's quite possible that 'alol' has already been around and I simply haven't heard of it. Do you know when you come up with an absolutely brilliant idea and think you've stumbled on to something for which you might gain a tad bit of recognition, only to discover that 12 people have already thought of it, you're NOT original, and they are making 14 bazillion dollars a week off the idea?

Anyway, that may, in fact, be the case with alol. Regardless, I'm writing here in an attempt to 'record' my 'invention' (alol).

Ok...what the heck is alol? Alol means actually laughing out loud. I, like many of you, am guilty of typing lol, even when I'm not l'ing ol. I understand that lol is corny and for 'avatards' (another phrase that I thought I coined, but in fact was preceded by someone as clever as, but not as slow as, myself) however, using terms like lol and brb become a way of life when a person types on the internet as much I do.

So, there you have it. Feel free to use alol as much as possible. If it shows up randomly in conversation with someone I've never talked to, at least I can choose to believe that it was I who started one of the latest internet legacies. :P

Note: I've just discovered that ALOL is NOT on the urban dictionary. I, therefore, am claiming ownership there now!

No comments: